FreeTech4Teachers: New & Noteworthy Blog Post (5pts)
I really like having a place I can go for ideas and look for his new blog post each day. I've often changed a lesson or tried something new based on what I learn from FreeTech4Teachers.
A few recent highlights:
How to Create Slideshows Using YouTube
Digital Citizenship Resources
Five Tools for Creating Videos Online
5 Resources to Help Understand the Size of the Universe (Check out Scale - it is particularly awe-inspiring)
Novel Games: Games to Embed into Your Website (Copy and paste html code into your Weebly or other site)
Resources and Glossary Wiki (5pts)
- Wix is a robust, intuitive and aesthetically pleasing website designer/builder. Similar to Weebly. The templates versatile and appealing. Could be used for ePortfolios, class websites, a non-LMS option or.....
- 81 Ways to Use Google Forms in the Classroom is a great resource for ideas for just as the title suggests: using Google Forms in the classroom. The ideas connect to many learning outcomes - the design is up to user...teacher OR student. There are not only ideas but also examples.
- SCORM is a set of technical standards for e-learning software products. SCORM tells programmers how to write their code so that it can “play well” with other e-learning software. It is the de facto industry standard for e-learning interoperability. Specifically, SCORM governs how online learning content and Learning Management Systems (LMSs) communicate with each other. SCORM does not speak to instructional design or any other pedagogical concern, it is purely a technical standard. SCORM stands for “Sharable Content Object Reference Model”.
Retrieved from http://scorm.com/scorm-explained/
- DROPitTOme is a file-sharing service that allows you to securing receive and share files, even large ones, by setting up a unique uploading address. This could be used for in a non-LMS situation to allow students can send assignments to one address.
- Soometa is a storytelling tool which allows you to use video, pictures and text to create engaging and visually appealing multi-media stories and presentations. Very simple, intuitive and user-friendly.